When you decide to take your next career step, write out your personal and professional goals to see if they align. The following questions can help you clarify your objectives:
- Why are you in the field in which you are currently working?
- Are your talents and personality traits being fully utilized?
- Are continuing education and training high priorities where you work?
After you have answered these questions, take the following next steps:
- Career management.Take control of your life by taking positive steps to achieve your objectives.
- Support.Be sure that your family endorses your choices. You´ll be able to move faster when an offer is tendered.
- Networking.Your career network should include friends, current and former colleagues, vendors, industry contacts, recruiters, teachers and classmates.
- Skills.Today´s economic environment is constantly changing. Make sure your skills are up-to-date.